Dear JHU SAIS DC Community,
Please note the following SAIS Building Fall Break schedule for the Nitze, Rome and Bernstein-Offit (BOB) Buildings:
- Saturday, November 17 Nitze 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Rome closed, BOB 8:00 a.m-5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 18 Nitze 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Rome closed, BOB CLOSED
- Monday, November 19 Nitze 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Rome closed, BOB 7:00 a.m-11:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 20 Nitze 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Rome closed, BOB 7:00 a.m-11:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 21 Nitze 8:00 a.m.– 6:30 p.m. Rome closed, BOB 7:00 a.m-11:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 22 and Friday, November 23: Nitze, Rome and BOB buildings CLOSED
Regular building hours for Nitze will resume on Saturday, November 24 at 7 a.m. Rome and BOB will re-open at 7 a.m. Monday November 26
Staff and faculty may enter using their JCards (except in the BOB building where a separate 24/7 FOB is required for entry) when the buildings are closed. Please refer to SAIS-DC HR’s email October 2 for guidance regarding the staff Thanksgiving Holiday work schedule.
The usual weekday building services will not be provided on “closed days/nights” which includes front-desk guard coverage, janitorial services, trash removal, heating, ventilation or air conditioning. In addition, the Facilities Engineering team will not be available except to respond to true emergencies. When the building is noted as closed, there will be no access for visitors without JCARDS or students (even if accompanied by a staff or faculty member) and no guards on post.
Please note that the JHU/DC security command center number (202.663.5808) will be answered 24/7 to respond to any emergencies or questions faculty, staff or students may have during this time.
Mason Library Washington, D.C. Library Hours
Library, lobby, basement and classroom furniture is intended for reading or studying. While it is understandable that students may doze while studying, overnight sleeping is not permitted. Students in violation of this policy may be woken up and asked to leave the building.